Tuesday, May 26, 2015

the point of creativity...

I have been "playing" with my Faber-Castel gelatos, having a good ol' time and after I saw something Mary Engelbreit, I was inspired to make these flowers...

I smooshed the pink gelato around in big circles then applied water to blend...next came loose green leaf "shapes" and water to fill and move the color...I set that aside to dry...
 
 
On a scrap of dictionary text I made more circles...smaller, in yellow for the flower centers...blended with my finger...cut them out and glued them on the flowers...
Next I outlined the flowers in a "sketchy" sort of way :)
Finally, I smooshed the pink gelato on a plastic palette and added a bit of water with a brush and splattered the color...oooh!...I LOVE splattering color on a page!
 
Then I did MORE...
 

 
So very fun!!!  The above journal page reads "The point of creativity is the joy it unlocks in you." (Jane Davenport)...that is it!
 
Go ahead make a little joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment