Tuesday, September 15, 2015

blind???

Yep, blind...as in blind contour drawing.  You don't look at your paper...keep your eyes on your subject only...and use one line...you don't lift your pencil off the paper.  I was reminded how much I enjoy this exercise in a class by Teresa McFayden. Since you can't look, I feel like the pressure is off...I mean it really CAN'T turn out well if you aren't looking at your paper, right? Anyway, I may draw better "blind" than when I am actually looking...and I just love the whimsy that the sketches have...a bit of an exercise in faith...letting go...hmmm...

Here is a lamp that I drew "blind"...


I used my Stabilo ALL pencil to do the sketch and then used the waterbrush to wet and smoosh the lines a bit...Super fun!!!

Try it !  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment