Tuesday, April 12, 2016

pens, paper, letters

I love, love, love playing around with pens and paper (obviously!) and letters!  LOVE!!! I also enjoy lettering books, and so when More Creative Lettering came out by Jenny Doh, I got it (surprise!).


It is super fun to use the articles as prompts or tutorials to play in my lettering practice journal...this is a page that I did inspired by Megan Wells' chapter on page 58. I love this partly because it included a bit of dictionary  text (my favorite) and a thin coat of gesso...mmm...then a "sampling" of A's in a variety of "fonts" using several black markers (Sharpie, Kuretake Zig Managaka Flexible, Kuretake Zig Writer). Then, just because, :) I added a touch of color here and there with my Tombow markers.


This was TOO MUCH FUN!  And I will definitely do some more letters like this...or some quotes on the gessoed dictionary page...or in my altered book...oh, the possibilities!!!

Write On!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment