Wednesday, September 7, 2016

a day at the museum

One of the items on my summer bucket list was "visit a museum."  With all the busy-ness of life, I had all sorts of "good" reasons why I shouldn't go...BUT with Labor Day marking the official end of summer, last week I decided it was now or not...and so my daughter and I ventured downtown to The Crocker Art Museum.



As we wandered and talked about what we saw...what we liked and didn't like...I made a few interesting discoveries...I mostly liked works of art that include people...there is something interactive, engaging about looking into the face, the eyes of a "person"-even a painted person.  wink










Some of the other pieces I enjoyed...
Abstract is not usually "my deal"...but I think I love these colors...


This (flat!) painting was totally engaging...the dimension was so "real"...



This was HUGE so its size alone got my attention...and it reminded me of a mixed media piece...duh, no wonder I like it...  :)


It was a super fun outing!  I can't believe I almost didn't go. It really didn't take a long time and wasn't very expensive...it was SO GOOD  for me (and such a fun time with my artsy daughter)...my art-heart got all full...AND the discoveries I made have been thought-provoking, probably not life changing or anything but I think that they will definitely inform my art...kinda cool!
Soooo....I encourage you...make time, take time to work on your bucket list...every now and then do some/one of the things that fill your heart...

3 comments:

  1. Love visiting museums, love the Crocker, and love seeing what you saw! My favorite museum visit of the summer was the "Della Robbia: Sculpting with Color in Renaissance Florence" exhibit at MFA Boston. Exquisite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought you said the cricket museum and didn't understand why there weren't any giant crickets or pictures of Jimminy Cricket... Or John the Baptist eating crickets... WAIT ... Did he eat crickets?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought you said the cricket museum and didn't understand why there weren't any giant crickets or pictures of Jimminy Cricket... Or John the Baptist eating crickets... WAIT ... Did he eat crickets?

    ReplyDelete