Sunday, February 19, 2017

abstract. play.

I don't think I've ever done an abstract before...at least not intentionally.  :)  This was inspired by Tori Weyers "lesson" from Creative Jumpstart 2017.  I love playing with my paints but don't consider myself a "painter."  Tori made this project very "accessible"...in other words, I wasn't intimidated but instead couldn't wait to get my paints out and try it.


When I looked up the word abstract, my favorite definition is from the Latin word meaning "pulled away, detached," and the basic idea is of 'something detached from physical, or concrete, reality'...hmmm...this makes me think 'fantasy.'  Maybe that is why I didn't feel any "pressure"...it is made up...in other words, it doesn't have to "look like" anything other than what I make it...woohoo!

It was super fun to "stretch" my creative muscles with something new.  I am not sure it is finished (like a lot of my journal pages)...In the lesson, Tory added gold metallic paint...that might be fun! Also, since I did this in my art journal, I am thinking I want to add some writing...maybe I will write out the definition of abstract...I'll keep you posted.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment