Wednesday, December 11, 2013

hope!

Here we are...into the full swing of things this holiday season...I do kinda feel like I am moving slow motion in a fast-spinning world.  The "slow" is by choice...and maybe not slow, but slower as (and it almost feels like a stubborn digging my heels in posture)I am enjoying the days...each day with a mind set on what this season is REALLY about...keeping my eyes open for the SIGNIFICANCE of the imagery, songs, celebrations of this season...these HOLY-days...that's what I want to SEE...the days holy...the holy in the days...
As I approached my first December journal page, this is what was on my mind...memories of childhood Christmases and I have always loved the anticipation of Christmas as much as the day itself.  And as I thought about that, I thought about Israel's anticipation (throughout history)of their Messiah, Heaven's aanticipation of God's Son taking on flesh...the waiting...the HOPE!
So, I chose an old Christmas picture of my sister and I (a long, long time ago!)...and put it on a fold-out over this stamped winter scene...then added journaling...

 





Wishing you HOPE and HOLY in your days!  :)

1 comment:

  1. Love, love love!! the photo of you and Jill! But not sure which is which :-(
    I also love The Hope. This morning I read In The Greatest Gift that Jesus is our scarlet cord lifeline, and scarlet cord in Hebrew = HOPE!!

    ReplyDelete