Tuesday, March 24, 2015

five

Documented Life Project prompt from a few weeks ago was "five layers"...this is my interpretation on my art journal page...
The collage element was "one" layer :) which we created in my Creekside Studio Sew Fun Art Journaling class last week (stitching-both with a sewing machine and by hand-is super fun!  Try it!)


First, distress inks were applied directly to the paper, and also sponged through a hand-cut stencil.  Second, I spritzed black marker ink through the Tim Holtz spritzer.  Third, the journaling came next, in the "white" space created by the stencil...prompted by the word 'thrive' on the dictionary page and by Frida, my focal image...along with the doodling.  Fourth, I glued down my collage layer.  Finally, five!, I added a little acrylic paint grid for texture.  Easy, peasy, lemon squeezy!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment