Tuesday, January 19, 2016

happy new year!

I just love the new year...the possibilities and promise of a new, blank calendar hold so much hope...
One morning as I was waiting for my french press to finish steeping...setting out my cup...with great anticipation, I might add...  :)  I realized my cup shared the year (kinda)...twenty-sixteen...16 ounces...I love little connections like this...so I snapped this pic (like you do...wink)...


Then one thing led to another and I was inspired to do this...

In case you can't tell...wink...this is a blind contour drawing of my cup...(blind as in NOT looking at the paper while you draw...I ONLY looked at the object, in this case the cup)...what I like about doing this drawing exercise is that there is absolutely NO PRESSURE...afterall, how good can it be if you aren't even looking? Right!!! :)  PLUS, I feel like these little sketches have a wonky charm all their own...embrace your inner wonky!  :)  Oh, and I DID look when I did the star and lettering...just so you know.

Then following the prompt from DLP (Documented Life Project 2016), I created an ATC
(or PAC-Pocket Art Card)...


A little pen play...watercolor with my Tombow Dual-tip markers and water brush...a touch of foil and very quickly this little project came together...super fun!!!

I do hope that you make time nurture your creative self this year...

Happy New Year!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment