Saturday, January 23, 2016

word of the year

Some of you know that every year I choose a word to focus on for the year (my Word of the Year-WotY)...this word serves as a guide, of sorts, to add mindfulness to my days as I engage and incorporate this word into my life, my art, etc.  I have used this practice of a WotY for the past 10 years and it has been very meaningful to me...


There are lots of ways to engage and interact with my word...I try to keep it in front of me all year and one way I do that is by creating a little "still life" on my desk...



I also hand letter it in as many different "fonts" and styles as possible.  I journal, write about it.  I create an art journal page incorporating it. I look for quotes with my word in it.  I doodle it.  I even create an acrostic with its letters...





If you haven't incorporated this practice into your life, try it this year...I think you will find it not only helpful and significant, but surprisingly fun, as well...see how it "works" in your life!


No comments:

Post a Comment