Monday, May 20, 2013

a TO DO list

After my devotion this morning, I knew I needed a TO DO list for the day.  I was feeling a bit "dazed"...bleak, even.  I decided it would be GOOD for me to rehearse what I KNOW, whether "feeling it" or not...so I got paper and began...

...in pencil at first...slowly, meditatively...


 Then, with a black Sharpie pen, I inked it, processing what I had written...


Finally, I colored it with markers, colored pencils, and a gray Conte crayon.

As I worked on this, the tension I was feeling lessened...verses came to mind...truth came back into focus and I wasn't left to my "own" thinking...a little color brightened up this gray Monday just a bit...good, God "therapy."

What's your perscription for a "gloomy" day?

2 comments:

  1. Love, love, LOVE it!! Yes! Rehearse what is TRUE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes.. my awesome godly-wife. we will stand with each other and KNOW that He is God.. TASTE and See the sweetness of the Lord to overwhelm the bitter taste of adversity.

    ReplyDelete