Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Enjoy.This.Day.

Don't ask me how or why this came up...all I know is I was reading something...I couldn't even tell you what it was now...anyway, it was strange how the punctuation JUMPED off the page and well, screamed at me. :)  We know that the purpose of punctuation is to emphasize, connect, abbreviate, etc...And it seems that we are taking a lot of artistic license with it these days (The title of this post is an example of now-trending punctuation)...All of this was rolling around in my head...and  I thought of punctuating my day...in an effort toward mindfulness, add a "space" here and there...Think about the "dots" or periods that we add to a sentence.  It tells us that one thought is finished and to "pause" before going on to the next.  Hmmm....what if I...do laundry.iron Mark's shirts.make lunch.  You get the idea.  Those dots are not empty but purposeful pauses.
       oooh...how about mindful moments to "LOOK" for God IN THE MIDST of my busy day?!?
                                                          ...to appreciate Him in this day that is a gift
                                                          ...to enjoy the work of His Hands-His creation

                                   
                                                        ...to read a Scripture-listen to His voice, His Word

                                  
                                                   ...to breathe deep
                                                   ...to thank Him for His very breath that gives me life


Punctuate!  :)

Enjoy.This.Day.His Gift To You.


2 comments:

  1. Good Advice. I have to remember to punctuate my day with pregnant pauses where I Focus on Him!

    ReplyDelete