Thursday, May 16, 2013

Playing with Color

A few months ago I read Wonderstruck by Margaret Feinberg.  I loved it.  I feel like it goes right along with my WOTY, see, and it has challenged me to be "on the look-out" for the wonder of God in my days...At the end of the book, the author includes a 30-Days-of-Wonder exercise, which I have been doing since the beginning of May.  It has been a stretch...a good work-out, in fact...and I think that the days that encouraged paying attention to the wonder of beauty, and of creation...PLUS the need for a bit of "playtime" were the inspiration for this journal page.

I wanted to PLAY with COLOR so I started digging through colored pencils and markers to assemble the colors of this months journal (gray, yellow, green, and blue).  I decided to make a palette "key"...just for fun."


 Then I got out my journal and hunted for the right picture...I love this picture of a girl in all white with a splash of color.  I thought it was a perfect image to add to my "color" page.


After she was glued in, I added some fun tape and the palette key.  Then I wrote the word COLOR across the corner and colored it in with some of the pens I found...jotted a few notes on the page...that's it...a little bit of playtime...FUN!


I love color and its always fun to add some to "life", whether in a journal, in my wardrobe, or in the decor of my home...Spring and all the new blossoms are all about color being added to the world after the less-than-colorful season of winter...hmmm...the wonder of The Creator...  :)

How do you add color to your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment