Monday, June 3, 2013

Something New

A new month holds so many possibilities, and this year one of those possibilities is a new journal. (I am doing a new one for each month.)  I chose this assortment of paper because it represents what is on the calendar for June...a family reunion and a wedding! Woohoo!  Here is a preview of some of the pages BEFORE I alter them...


I cut the 12x12 paper in half and then did a simple 3-hole book-binding stitch to the spine...easy peasy. :)
The makes pages that are 6x6.


This is the inside cover...you can see a bit of music composition paper that I reinforced the spine with.




Using patterned paper can pose a few challenges but one nice benefit is that the first layer is already done...kinda like having a full calendar to work with :) and then its exciting to SEE how the details and layers "play" out...doodles, clipart, collage, paint, ink, photos...oh the possibilities! I can't wait...maybe I should go get started :) 

What are you looking forward to in June?




1 comment: