Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Antidote


       ...gasp...another blow... really?!?
After several minutes of realizing that I wasn't breathing...at least not regular, steady breaths...I knew I needed something...and the word antidote came to mind...hmmm...

I looked it up...antidote-a remdy for preventing or counteracting the effects of poison or disease...perfect!  That's exactly it...but what exactly does that look like?  Guess what came to mind?  Gratitude...the remedy or antidote to prevent anger, bitterness, resentment...you get the idea...

So, I grabbed a pencil and began writing down what I was thankful for about this person, situation...and believe it or not, I had a real-live list of honestly-true-to-my-heart things that I was thankful for...really! 

That was either God's soft nudging or the result of the discipline of practicing thankfulness...or both. :)  Either way, it helped...within just a few minutes, I realized that I was breathing regularly and I could think my way to the next thing-which was how to respond now.  I still had the hurt...the situation hadn't changed...BUT GOD had helped me focus...helped me to SEE a bit of His perspective.  


1 comment:

  1. So sad that you had to practice, but so glad you chose to! You are so full of graciousness, His grace just drips off you. Good job of SEEING, my friend! I love the little conductor!

    ReplyDelete