Wednesday, February 19, 2014

in the clouds

I thought I would show you the "process" of a quick journal page I did recently...

I began with my favorite cloud mask and sponged blue and a hint of purple ink over the mask to create the clouds...

 
I don't know why I love making these clouds but I do...plus, it fills the page with a nice background very quickly...and hey! Just about anything will work with the sky!
 
Next I chose the stamps I wanted...chair, tree, and checkered corner...and stamped them. I masked the chair square and then stamped the tree and the checkered corner to achieve that layered effect...this was the result of playing with "masks" at the Mask Madness class here at Creekside Studio...fun!
 
 
I also "grounded" the tree with a torn piece of dictionary paper so that the tree wasn't just floating in the sky.
 
I must have still been thinking of Valentine's Day...OR wanted a little "comfort" on the page because I felt that I wanted to add a heart...so I punched one out of corrugated paper...and put it on the chair...
 
 
 
 
Just what I was looking for plus, I just love the texture. Then I taped it into my journal with washi tape.  Now all I need to do is "journal" on the clouds...I think they make perfect lines to write on.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment