Tuesday, April 28, 2015

borders

When was the last time you got out your crayons and just played?
I decided that I wanted to do a watercolor wash over crayon...I just love the resist effect.

Love!!!

Then, inspired by the Documented Life Project prompt of "Borders," I cut strips of clip art from Teesha Moore and bordered the page. (It was at The Original Rubber Stamp Convention in Carson, CA many years ago that I heard Tracy and Teesha Moore speak about art journaling, and so began my art journaling journey.) Next I cut my memorial stones and "stacked them in the center...added some pen work and journaling ...done...(at least for now. I'm trying to decide if I want to add a bird sitting on the top stone...)


Simple! Basic supplies and a simple lay-out and you are set! (And when you open that box of crayons...it HAS to be Crayola...take a deep whiff...it will take you back to your most creative years...kindergarten...truly!  I just love how they smell!)
Have fun!!!

1 comment:

  1. Voting "yes"on the bird.......
    Memorial stones...remember the wonderful works of the Lord!

    ReplyDelete