Monday, April 8, 2013

Keep Counting


The discipline of gratitude (re-inspired by AnnVoskamp's book, One Thousand Gifts) has been so HUGE...so helpful in my walk of faith as I continue to "train" my thoughts...conform my heart.  Whether I am confused or hurt or busy or just don't know what to think, the act of counting "gifts given" helps set things right...set me right...get my focus back on God-where it needs to be-and pay attention to His Hand in my life, in my every day.  This morning as I was listening to the song "How He Loves Us", the words: "we are His portion. He is our prize, drawn to redemption by the grace in His eyes...I don't have time to maintain these regrets when I think about the way He loves us. Oh, how He loves us," reminded me that those regrets, confusion, hurts, etc distract me and do take time and energy to "maintain".   The mindfulness to look for God, to anticipate Him in the moments of my day helps me "seek the things which are above...setting my mind on things above" (Col. 3:1-2).  And so, I created this page in my April journal to remind me to keep counting...always giving thanks. (Eph. 5:20)





I filled the page with a list of everything I was thankful for.

 Then I put a gesso wash over that list and inked it with distress inks and a blending tool.




With acrylic paint, a stencil, and sequin waste I added texture, creating another layer.

                                  Finally, I arranged and glued in place the images and words.

"Oh, how He loves us!!!"  Hallelujah!

2 comments:

  1. Your friend Ann said awhile back, "Count blessings and discover who can be counted on."
    Our opportunity, a deliberate holy habit, to see and enjoy His glory throughout our day!
    Thank you for showing the method to the altered madness. It helps inspire the rest of us to record our journey heavenward in fun ways. (Some of us just need to know what to do!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful book page and beautiful, inspiring words. Thank you. I love all that you have posted and to see it brightens my day. :)

    ReplyDelete