Thursday, July 11, 2013

Practicing Mindfulness

I'm back!  I have been under the weather for a bit...couldn't find the focus to even "show up" here...but, hopefully, things are getting back to normal...

I haven't shared my July journal yet...under the circumstances I have had a slow start.  Several weeks ago I found (buried on my desk) a "card" that I had made a while ago, and I realized that it would make a fun July journal...red, white, blue, and kraft...plus it would be a fun challenge to work in a different format...This is the "card":  a cute large tag in a kraft bag...



Since each "page" would be a tag that would go into the bag, I cut more tags out of scrapbooking paper in my color scheme...


Now I could begin!  And because this is what I have been "thinking" lately...I began with this...


I lightly gessoed the tag to soften the pattern of the background paper...cut out the image I wanted (I think it was a magazine ad).


Next I glued her down...added the text "Practicing mindfulness" and fun tapes.  All that was left to do was to journal on it...



Super simple, but a good reminder to keep practicing mindfulness...to set my mind on things above...it's a good thing.
Hope you are "mindful" to enjoy these summer days!  :)


1 comment: