Saturday, January 31, 2015

art

I read this quote and have been thinking about it. (It is always interesting to think about why we are compelled to create-at least for me it is.)  :)  And then Joanne Sharpe showed this flower in Artfully Inspired Life 2015 and I figured I could do that.  So I decided to create a journal page...


I sketched out the layout...the lettering and the flower...in pencil first then I inked it all with my trusty Sharpie pen. When I was sure that the ink was dry I erased all pencil lines.  Now for the fun!  Using my Tombow markers I "loosely" applied color.  Then I took my waterbrush and "moved" that ink around, filling in and softening lines.  I love having the control of a marker, yet the look of watercolor.  I decided I needed just a little something else so I put a blue marker in the Tim Holtz Spritzer and spritzed here and there.  (It is a little hard to see this in this picture.)   Finally, using a Kuretake waterbrush filled with sumi ink, I brushed ART.  I absolutely love how very rich and bold that black-black-black sumi ink is...I definitely want to "play" with it in more projects.

Have a great day!  And go ahead...create something, make your soul visible!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment