Friday, January 23, 2015

national handwriting day

In conjunction with John Hancock's birthday, today is National Handwriting Day...I love it!  An excuse (as if I need one...wink!) to sit down and write something out by hand...anything:  a letter, your to-do list, a journal entry...hint, hint :). 


Speaking of which, a recent study found "that keeping a diary brings unexpected joy in life's everyday musings." ...hmmm...sounds good to me!

Here is a journal page I did where I wrote on the page as usual top to bottom, then turned the book horizontally and wrote across the other way...I love the criss-cross effect visually...very da Vinci...and practically speaking, I spilled all that was in my heart at that moment onto the page...very therapeutic.



So I encourage you...it is just right to just WRITE.  :) 
...and enjoy the process!   

1 comment: